Install: Progressive Web App Desktop
okapi's app is built to used on a mobile or desktop device and can be used in online or offline more. This allows your team to collect recaps and surveys in the field where you may not always have access to internet. In this article you'll learn how to install the app onto your desktop device.
To download the app on an desktop device, follow the steps below:
1. Select the web browser of your choice. In this demonstration the web browser is Google Chrome.
2. In this example the user goes to the following URL: mobile.app.okapihq.com To ensure you download the correct app for your environment add mobile. to the beginning of the web address you normally use to access okapi.
3. To install the okapi app select the icon highlighted in the top right hand corner
4. Once selected, you'll be presented with several options. Choose Install okapihq
5. The web app will open in a new window on your desktop. Select the highlighted icon in the top right-hand corner.
6. Select App Info
7. Another set of options will appear, choose Site Settings
8. You will be redirected to the Google Chrome web browser and see a set of site setting options specific to the okapi web app. Ensure that Pop-ups and redirects are allowed.
9. The web app will prompt you to reload after changes have been made in a browser. Then the web app will provide an option to install and log-in.